Monday 10 March 2008

Storms? What storms?

Doesn't look very stormy to me.

Apparently the south of England has been devastated by storms. I'm genuinely sorry for the people down there. Here, however, it's been quite mild, a bit grey and sorta driech, but nothing much. Oh, it rained a little bit, earlier.

What surprised me was to find a headline in the local paper informing me that the road at Dubmill Point had collapsed in the stormy weather. Dubmill Point is the bit of the coast road just beyond Allonby, on the way to Silloth, that sort of juts out into the Solway, and always gets the worst of the storms. It's so close I can see it from my window. And I was quite unaware of any storms in the past few days. I'd have noticed. Certainly there has been a spring tide, which is higher than normal, but the road must have been in a pretty bad state already if the spring tide was enough to undermine it and cause a collapse.

BELFAGAN

Haven't been to Belfagan for 2 weeks, but tonight I felt I really had to go, as I'd been contacted by a potential new recruit, and thought I really ought to be there to greet her. She turned out to be just the sort of person we want - good fun, enthusiastic, a quick learner and best of all she really enjoyed herself! She will not be allowed to escape . . . heh heh heh . . .

My feet, though, are killing me. Haven't done any dancing for ages, and I've been so busy (see previous blog entry) that I haven't even had as much dog-walking exercise as usual. (Though I have actually been out with them 3 days running so I'm not that bad.)

No comments: