Tuesday 8 January 2008

I hate bookkeeping

It's not that it's difficult -it's just mindnumbingly boring. So I leave it to the last minute, when the deadline for the tax return is looming, and consequently January ends up being the worst month of the year. Every year I vow to keep up to date with it, and I usually get a certain amount done before January, but never enough.

There are so many things I'd rather be doing. Like standing outside in the garden in the dark and the rain and the cold getting wet for example, or sitting quietly downstairs while the cats practise their nibbling techniques on my hands.

2 comments:

the travelling bookkeeper said...

So, you hate bookkeeping.....well, I love it. Please visit me at www.sandrakirkwood.com....maybe I can help you.

ally mcgurk said...

You appear to be in America, Sandra. However good you are at bookkeeping, I'd be a bit concerned at having someone who may not know the UK tax system doing my books. Plus, I'd hate to think how much you'd charge for travelling expenses . . .