Thursday 3 January 2008

January is Tax Return Month - but where's the snow?


grrr..... b)(*&£(*$^) f")*£%£&%)(%@>!!!!

Right, that's got that out of my system then.

It seems to be snowing. Well, it's been snowing in Canada (well, of course) and Edinburgh, and north east England, and up in the Pennines, and even Rex in Rutland is watching ominous clouds approaching, but here in NW Cumbria by the coast all we've had is a few tantalizingly lovely flakes, drifting down, lying on the picnic table, and waiting in vain for enough more of the same to turn things white.

I know I could get all the snow I wanted if I was daft enough to drive to Edinburgh - I'd probably get stuck half way again, like last winter, and I'd have ample time to take as many photos as I wanted while I awaited the snow ploughs.

Look - this is what I mean:
January 2003 - The Pentlands under snowAbove - the Pentlands under snow, January 2003.

Here's a photo of the Pentlands taken when I was travelling to - or perhaps from - Edinburgh, 4 years ago. You always get loads of the stuff between there and here, and even quite a bit there, but never here. Well, we have had a little over the years, but only just enough to make me gasp for more . . .

I know. I know. I should be careful what I wish for. I'll probably get stuck in a blizzard on my way to hand in my Tax Return at Whitehaven and end up getting fined for handing it in late . . .

No comments: